Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Floor Update and an AWESOME Find

Finally, after living in my house a month and a half, one horrible cold, and countless bouts of "i'm just too damn lazy today", I have finished my living room floor. This entailed ripping out the old carpet (and carpet pad, tack strips, and lots of staples), washing accumulated crap both literal and figurative off, sanding the crap out of it (again sometimes literally, PEEYEW), staining it, and finally sealing it.

Original:

 No carpet:

 DONE!:


And, as an aside, I stopped in a local Antique / Herbal shop today (don't ask, I really don't know how they got that combo) and found something I've been looking for: a cast iron corn bread tin. I saw one in a book years ago and have been looking since, about 4 years now. I may have squealed when I found it which scared the poor shop girl. It was only $10 which is awesome as well. It's the simple things in life that make you happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment